London – The Princess Grace Hospital
Ward Sister / Charge Nurse – Acute Care Unit
Location – The Princess Grace Hospital, 42-52 Nottingham Pl, Marylebone, London W1U 5NY
This role is a 37.5 hours per week Monday – Sunday (including Bank Holidays) to cover internal rotation, you will need to be flexible to work days, nights and weekends.
This role offers an attractive and competitive salary, this will be dependent on experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
The Acute Care Unit is a 19-bedded Acute Medical Ward. Most cases from the unit varies from Respiratory, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Gastroenterology etc.
The Acute Care Unit works alongside the Acute Admissions Unit which focuses on unplanned Medical and Surgical patients.
As a Sister / Charge Nurse for our Acute Admissions Unit, you will provide effective leadership, expertise, advice and support to the team, carrying continuous responsibility for the management of the unit, making effective use of resources and ensuring the highest standards of care to patients and families are achieved on a 24-hour basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Make efficient use of available resources, within budgetary constraints, to meet business objectives
- Prioritise workloads and direct staff accordingly
- Demonstrate and role model outstanding clinical practice at all times
- Develop and coach team members to ensure consistently high standards of care are me
- Regularly deputise for Ward Manager/other departmental Sisters when required
- Evaluate the work of the team and ensure standards are met
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Strong experience in Acute Medicine and Surgery
- Evidence of further education including post-graduate certification/diploma/Continuous Professional development
- Management skills and Leadership or management training
- Immediate Life Support
- Mentorship / Preceptorship of junior staff
- Demonstrable experience of managing budgets
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.