London – The Wellington Hospital
Staff Nurse – Neuro-Rehab
Location: The Wellington Hospital, 8A Wellington Place, London NW8 9LE
This is a full time, permanent post, 37.5 hours per week. Shifts include; 8am-8:30pm or 8pm-8:30am (Mon-Sun) - Rotation and flexibility required.
The salary for this role is between £32K - £36K dependent on experience plus 9% enhancement + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
As a Staff Nurse you will be responsible for acute and complex patients, some with tracheostomies. You will work with a vastly experienced MDT to achieve progress, through agreed set goals. Our Acute Neurological Rehabilitation unit has 46 beds which has a hydrotherapy pool, our nurse to patient ratio is 1:4.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs.
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation and phlebotomy.
- Deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management.
- Provide patients and families with information regarding care and management of their condition.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse
- Rehabilitation or Acute Medical Care experience.
- Neurological and neuro rehabilitation experience is advantageous.
- Phlebotomy training desirable.
- You will be diplomatic and empathetic, with a passion for providing an exceptional patient experience.
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.