London – The Harley Street Clinic
Healthcare Assistant – Cardiology Ward
Location: Harley Street Clinic, London
Salary: Competitive + Private Medical + Pension and many more benefits.
Your responsibilities will include working under the supervision of the clinical team, to assist with nursing, medical and clerical duties in the provision of direct and indirect patient care and associated general duties ensuring an efficient service at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assisting in the provision of care to patients so as to ensure their comfort/safety needs are identified, taking into consideration cultural, religious beliefs, respecting values and respecting those beliefs
- Reporting to nurses any problems arising out of conversations with patients, acting as the patient advocate at all times
- Report patient’s condition when required and record observations of temperature, pulse, blood pressure, respiratory rate, urinalysis, BM stix, pulse oxymetry, weight and height.
- Preparing dressing/procedures under the direction of the clinical team and for which instruction has been given
- Assisting nursing and medical staff when required with different procedures with supervision and competency.
Skills and experience
- Minimum NVQ level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care is desirable
- Good Clinical Skills like Phlebotomy will be an advantage
- Experience of working with members of the public is essential
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Harley Street Clinic
At The Harley Street Clinic, we provide a range of complex care services for adults, children and babies, specialising in oncology, cardiology and neuroscience. From open heart surgery on new-born babies to pioneering techniques to treat cancer, our clinicians work together to provide the best possible care and treatments for our patients. Our staff always go the extra mile in caring for our patients which can be demonstrated by our recent outstanding rating awarded by the CQC.