London – The Princess Grace Hospital
Senior Staff Nurse – Acute Care Unit
Location – The Princess Grace Hospital, 42-52 Nottingham Pl, Marylebone, London W1U 5NY
This role is a 37.5 hours per week Monday – Sunday based on internal rotation, you will need to be flexible to work days, nights and weekends
The salary offered for this role is between £38,000K - £43,000 this will be dependent on experience + 9% enhancement + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
The Acute Care Unit is a 19-bedded Acute Medical Ward. Most cases from the unit varies from Respiratory, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Gastroenterology etc.
The Acute Care Unit works alongside the Acute Admissions Unit which focuses on unplanned Medical and Surgical patients.
Working as a Senior Staff Nurse within Acute Care Unit, you will assess, plan, deliver and implement a high standard of nursing care, responding to individual needs.
You will also provide management and leadership to all staff in the absence of the Sister, to act as a point of contact for patient queries from admission to discharge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Prioritising workloads and directing staff accordingly
- Make efficient use of available resources
- Regularly taking charge of the ward on a shift basis
- Promote team working
- Assess, plan and deliver care, based on individual patient and family needs
- Evaluate care of the team and ensure standards are met
- Respect and ensure patient privacy and confidentiality
- Support and act as role model for junior staff, promoting a learning environment
- Ensure equipment is in good working order
- To maintain accurate records of patient care
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered
- Experience/Qualification in speciality in Acute Medicine
- Phlebotomy training desirable
- Mentorship / Practice Assessor Training desirable
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Knowledge of relevant NMC/national guidelines, policies and procedures (Code of conduct)
- Basic life support
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.