London – Private Care at Guys
Location – London Bridge Hospital (Private Care at Guys and HCA at The Shard)
Permanent, Fulltime, 40Hrs/ week, 08:00-16:30 (10:30-19:00 when on on-call shift = 1 in 5)
Salary – £36,000 per annum + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the role
As part of the Estates team, you will provide a first-class building maintenance service to the hospital and satellite sites, covering reactive, project and scheduled maintenance work.
Duties & Responsibilities include but non-exhaustive-
- To ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times and to adhere to HCA Healthcare policy and procedures
- Carry out PPM’s and daily checks of allocated plant area, ensuring the area is well maintained and tidy at all times. To work on planned preventive maintenance schedules, in line with departmental goals and objectives
- Maintain accurate records and documentation
- Respond to, and complete incoming works logged on the internal computerised maintenance management system (Engineering Central) prioritising your workload, responding quickly to emergency maintenance and reactive maintenance as requested
- Carry out installation works as instructed by Estates Manager
- To assist in projects as required
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified Electrical Engineer e.g. City & Guilds or NVQ
- Previous experience within a Hospital or similar organisation
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Health and Safety, COSHH
- Lifting and Handling
- General knowledge of Fire regulations
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.