London – The Wellington Hospital
Senior Staff Nurse – Interventional Radiology
Location – The Wellington Hospital, St John’s Wood
This role is a 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday to cover the hours or 8am – 8pm with additional evening and weekend on-call
The salary for this role is between £38K - £45K dependent on experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
As the Senior Staff Nurse within the Imaging department, you will report to the Imaging Sister and will provide a customer focused high-quality nursing service to our patients and service users.
The Senior Nurse will strive for and maintain the best standard of clinical standards and efficiency for our users at all times. The role will require rotation throughout all the imaging modalities (Interventional Radiology, CT, MRI and Core Services) and throughout all the imaging sites within The Wellington.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide a professional standard of excellence in nursing services for all patients.
- Assist, circulate, and scrub for any Interventional Radiology cases, biopsies, imaging guided drainages and therapeutic procedures.
- Able to give conscious sedation during procedures.
- Take charge in the absence of the Lead nurse
- Order and maintaining the stock levels of drugs and equipment.
- Participate in monitoring, evaluating and auditing the service quality
- Share clinical knowledge with multi-disciplinary colleagues both formally (through CPD sessions/clinical competency forms) and informally (ad hoc teaching/training opportunities).
- Participate in regular mandatory training relating to Safeguarding Vulnerable adults and children, ensuring compliance in escalation of any safeguarding concerns.
- Assist bookings clerks and Radiographers in the booking of immediate appointments.
- Form an effective working relationship with Consultants, medical, Radiographic and administrative staff within the Department and the hospital as a whole.
Skills & Experience:
- Hold a BSc (or equivalent) in Nursing and hold a current UK NMC registration meeting PREP requirements.
- Demonstrate commitment to theatre/Imaging nursing through CPD/protocol development within a radiology area.
- Have a portfolio of relevant CPD
- Radiology experience required.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and leadership skills
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
Our Imaging team covers a wide range of procedures, including: Angiograms, Stent Injections, Balloon Angioplasty, CT-guided Nerve Root Injections, and Interventional Radiology Nursing and Imaging.