London – The Princess Grace Hospital
Clinical Nurse Specialist – Breast
Location – The Princess Grace Hospital, 42 – 52 Nottingham Place London, W1U 5NY
This role is a fixed term contract to start asap to January 2023, this role is a 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday
This role offers an attractive and competitive salary, and this will be dependent on experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
The Clinical Nurse Specialist will provide specialist nursing knowledge and expertise for patients, their families and healthcare professionals in the care, management and treatments associated with breast cancer.
You will be responsible for identifying areas of their service for development; then implementing and evaluating change using current research, audit and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of specialist, high quality, expert nursing care and support for patients diagnosed with breast cancer and for their carer’s.
- To act as a resource for patients and the clinical team by the provision of comprehensive specialist advice, information, teaching and training within both the London Breast Institute (LBI) and externally regarding breast cancer.
- Update own knowledge to promote excellence in advanced clinical practice.
- To participate in setting appropriate quality standards within breast cancer care at the LBI
- To participate in the development of the service locally.
- To participate in audit and contribute to the formulation of policies
- To assist with teaching on speciality, within The Princess Grace and HCA
- Demonstrate expert knowledge and understanding of breast cancer and associated treatments.
- Use higher levels of communication to identify patients and carers anxieties and concerns; provide support and information accordingly.
- Undertake a full specialist nursing assessment to identify the specific needs of patients diagnosed with breast cancer and their families/carers. To provide support and advice with the aim of promoting optimal quality of life.
Skills & Experience:
- First level registration at Diploma or Degree level
- Extensive experience within a CNS role
- Post basic qualification in clinical specialty relevant to practice area
- In possession of or working towards first level degree
- Teaching and Assessing and/or Mentorship qualification
- Experience of research and audit
- Working towards, or have the intention to do so, a degree at M level
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK;