London – The Lister Hospital
Senior Staff Nurse –Surgical
Location – The Lister Hospital, Chelsea Bridge Rd, London SW1W 8RH
This role is a 37.5 hours per week Monday – Sunday based on internal rotation and will be required to work, long days, nights and weekends.
Salary: £38,000 - £43,000 (dependent on experience) plus 9% shift enhancement & Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
As Senior Staff Nurse, working within our Surgical Ward, your main purpose will be to plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care whilst working within a multidisciplinary team, supervising and directing junior staff and also temporary staff. You’ll demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions and contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedures and research-based care and other practice development initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
Skills and Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- Extensive experience essential within a medical setting
- ENB course/experience relevant to specialist area desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of relevant NMC/national guidelines, policies and procedures (Code of conduct)
- Basic life support
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
The Lister Hospital and its outpatient centres are located in the heart of Chelsea, and have consistently provided care and treatment in London for over 30 years. We offer access to leading consultants from London's top teaching hospitals and contemporary treatment, with several highly specialised units including fertility, gastroenterology and cardiology.
With 57 beds across three floors, we offer a specialised service, bespoke to our patient’s needs. Our six-bed critical care unit provides dedicated specialised care to seriously ill patients with a range of surgical or medical conditions.