Lancashire – The Christie Clinic
HCA UK are incredibly proud to be awarded ‘Private Hospital Group of the Year 2020' at the Health Investor Awards.
Job -Regional Lead Pharmacy Technician
Location - The Christie Private Clinic and the Wilmslow Hospital, Manchester
Contract Type - Permanent
Hours- 37.5 hours per week
Salary Range - Up to £42,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits.
As a Lead Pharmacy Technician you will be responsible for assisting in the provision of a comprehensive pharmacy service which consistently meet the needs of all service users within the Christie Private Clinic and HCA Healthcare as a whole. The post holder will have day to day responsibility for various elements within the dispensary and a mentorship role to the technicians.
Attractive and competitive salary, dependent upon skills and experience, along with access to great employee benefits such as private healthcare, gymflex and the option to buy and sell holiday.
Duties and responsibilities
- Delivery of a high standard dispensary service in a busy Oncology unit
- Promotion of excellent pharmaceutical care for all patients
- Final checking of clinically screened dispensed prescriptions (Accredited Checking Technician – ACT qualification essential)
- Provision of information to patients who use the dispensary service, promoting the safe and effective use of their medication
- Ensuring that prescriptions are processed accurately and efficiently.
- Participating in the dispensing and final check of clinically screened prescriptions for inpatients, outpatients, take - home medications and stock drugs including controlled drugs.
- Ensuring optimal stock management e.g. routine stock and expiry date checks.
- Provision of the ward top-up service.
Skills and Experience
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Additional qualification e.g. Accredited Checking Technician or Medicine Management qualification is essential.
- Experience in Oncology is essential
- About the Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.