London – The Wellington Hospital
Sister / Charge Nurse – Surgical
Location – The Wellington Hospital, 8A Wellington Pl, London NW8 9LE
This role is a 37.5 hours per week Monday – Sunday to cover internal rotation, you will need to be flexible to work days, nights and weekends.
This role offers a competitive salary, this will be dependent on experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
As Sister for our Surgical Ward you will provide effective leadership, expertise, advice and support to the team, carrying continuous responsibility for the management of the unit, making effective use of resources and ensuring the highest standards of care to patients and families are achieved on a 24-hour basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Make efficient use of available resources, within budgetary constraints, to meet business objectives
- Prioritise workloads and direct staff accordingly
- Demonstrate and role model outstanding clinical practice at all times
- Develop and coach team members to ensure consistently high standards of care are me
- Regularly deputise for Modern Matron/other departmental Sisters when required
- Evaluate the work of the team and ensure standards are met
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Strong experience in Outpatient setting
- Evidence of further education including post-graduate certification/diploma/Continuous Professional development
- Management skills and Leadership or management training
- Basic Life Support
- Mentorship / Preceptorship of junior staff
- Demonstrable experience of managing budgets
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.