Location – Hybrid role based in the office and at home
Permanent, full time (37.5 hours per week)
About HCA UK and ITG Business Intelligence
HCA Healthcare UK’s Information Technology Group (ITG) is a Group IT function, developing and managing all aspects of healthcare IT across our portfolio of hospitals, clinics, outpatient centres, laboratories and other associated businesses.
The team is responsible for developing and delivering the strategies and technologies used for the creation of data assets used by the business and other data teams for analysis of business information. BI technologies provide historical, current, and predictive views of business operations both on-premise and in a cloud environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer will play a key role in planning and driving the development of data engineering solutions ensuring that solutions balance functional and non-functional requirements. The role will also require you to monitor the application of data standards and architectures including security and compliance;
- You will design, code, verify test documents, amend and refactor complex coding scripts using best practice that would lend towards an iterative delivery of data pipelines and data stores.
- You will contribute to the selection of development methodologies, tools and techniques
- You will be expected to participate in reviews of own wok and lead reviews of colleagues’ work
- You may need to apply a range of mathematical, statistical , predictive modelling or machine-learning techniques in consultation with experts if appropriate, and with sensitivity to the limitations of techniques
- You may be involved in developing data hypotheses and methods, trains and evaluates analytics models.
What Will You Bring to the Role
- Strong experience in end to end development of data pipelines in Azure. Consideration will be applied for other integration artifacts (Logic Apps etc)
- Strong Experience working within a cross functional data project in a technical capacity
- Strong experience in SQL Server, particularly tSQL, SSIS and ADF (Azure)
- A good understanding of cloud technology and how to navigate, build and troubleshoot data pipelines end to end.
- Experience in scoping and analysing requirements from business users.
- Experience of writing code in a programming language (preferable python (3.0+), C#, Powershell)
- Working knowledge of Data Warehousing and Dimensional Modelling principles (Kimball).
- Experience with being the technical escalation point and ultimate technical ownership of a delivery or project.
- Experience implementing data security (classification, masking) and GDPR frameworks.
- Experience with being the technical escalation point and ultimate technical ownership of a delivery or project
From complex care to straightforward procedures in both adults and children, HCA Healthcare UK provides exceptional care across our six world-class hospitals, clinics, outpatient and diagnostics centres, and NHS partnerships.
HCA UK are incredibly proud to be awarded ‘Private Hospital Group of the Year ‘2020 at the Health Investor Awards.