Staff Nurse-Outpatients Day Case Unit
Location: The Christie Private Care-Manchester
Hours: 37.5hrs PW (Mon-Fri 8am-6pm)
Salary: up to £32,064 dependent on Skills & Experience + benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
As Staff Nurse for our Outpatients and day case unit you will be responsible for working in a supporting experienced nursing team to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of specialist care to ensure that patients are cared for in a safe, caring and comfortable environment. This will include meeting their medical, physical and emotional needs by effectively communicating with the patient and their families.
We understand cancer care is a challenging field and our friendly team work closely together to adopt a supportive culture.
As part of HCA Healthcare our team are offered emotional support and career development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the Outpatient phlebotomy room if patients require cannulas or if they are unwell and need nursing assessment/care.
- Delivering supportive medications to Oncology patients via IM/SC injection. You will document assessments and complete the prescriptions for these patients.
- Assisting in busy dressing clinics.
- On the Day Case Unit you will work as a Systemic Anti Cancer Treatment (SACT) Nurse, delivering chemotherapy and targeted therapy to both haematology and solid tumor patients. You will also be responsible for administering fluids, blood transfusions and caring for patients who have arrived unwell.
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered nurse, with post qualification
- NHS or Private ward experience
- Pro-active team player wishing to pursue and develop a career in Oncology/Chemotherapy
- Passionate about patient care, respectful, responsible and committed
- Oncology experience essential
- Chemotherapy trained
- Candidates to be passionate about delivering high standards of care and willing to invest in their own personal development and invest in the development of the unit in order that we can continue to keep providing exceptional care
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
From complex care to straightforward procedures in both adults and children, HCA Healthcare UK provides exceptional care across our six world-class hospitals, clinics, outpatient and diagnostics centres, and NHS partnerships.
HCA UK are incredibly proud to be awarded ‘Private Hospital Group of the Year ‘ 2020 at the Health Investor Awards.
HCA Healthcare UK has developed a dedicated private centre in partnership with The Christie NHS Foundation Trust in Manchester. The Christie Private Care treats private patients with a full range of diagnostic, inpatient, surgical, day care and outpatient treatment all on one site.
We tailor all care to the need of each individual, providing full treatment plans from diagnostic assessments to surgery, chemotherapy and anti-cancer drug therapies, radiotherapy and supportive care.
Both Christie Private Care and The Christie NHS trust have been inspected by CQC in 2018 and both parties achieved a rating of outstanding
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.