London – Roodlane Medical - Client Site
Job: Senior Practice Nurse
Location – Central London, St Pauls (Corporate Client Site)
Salary - £42-46k + benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
Hours- 37.5 hours per week
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day.
- 25 days holiday each year (excluding bank holidays)
- Private healthcare and dental insurance for you and your family
- Critical illness cover and Life insurance
- Private pension contribution
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Practice Nurse with proven leadership skills who can with lead and work collaboratively with the senior clinicians and the multidisciplinary team to provide high quality patient-centered care.
This full-time role will be based on site supporting a high-profile banking client based in the City and offers an opportunity to develop skills in the corporate sector
The qualified practitioner will undertake skilled assessment and examination of patients utilizing critical thinking to formulate evidence-based diagnosis, treatment, and referral/discharge of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed presentations in all areas.
The Lead Practice Nurse will also act as a role model to junior staff, and be involved in the departmental education programmers, and research/audit/service improvement.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Senior Practice Nurse, will Take responsibility for own learning and performance including participating in clinical supervision and acting as a positive role model.
- Undertake mentorship for more junior staff, assessing competence against set standards
- Manage one Nursing member of staff and link support the staff in the clinic
- Work closely with GPs and nursing colleagues and members of the client’s healthcare team and refer to GP when necessary
- Work closely with the client relation manager and the client benefit department to ensure a smooth service in line with the client request.
- Report presentation to the client on services
- Follow company policies, procedures and protocols and keep up to date with quality systems, standards and guidelines, help to develop and implement new policies and protocols
Practice nursing skills:
- Annual flu vaccination campaign
- Travel health vaccinations
- Undertake minor illness assessment.
- Ear irrigation
- Smear Taker
- Registered General Nurse – or equivalent (part 1 of NMC Register)
- 3-5 years post registration experience
- Experience of working in Primary care essential
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Leadership experience or looking to get into leadership
HCA Healthcare UK has over 50 years of creating a healthier tomorrow. We believe that our continuous success is underpinned by providing an environment where our GPs, are able to deliver their best work to the highest of standards.