Clinical Case Manager (Neuro Rehabilitation)
Location: This is a Corporate role based at The Wellington Hospital, St. Johns Wood, London
Hours: 37.5 pw Mon-Fri
Salary: c.£45,000 per annum plus benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group with a network of the most respected and long established private hospitals.
This is a great opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join us as a Clinical Case Manager for our Neuro Rehabilitation services. As Clinical Case Manager with a focus on discharge planning, you will work closely with various healthcare professionals assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care options and services that meet the patients’ health needs. You will act as a Resource/liaison between patient, hospital, physician and third- party payers to optimise patients’ community treatment.
Discharge planning will be a major component within this role
Duties but not limited to include:
- Develop and sustain good working relationships with clinical and professional colleagues both in hospital and the community, to ensure timely discharge.
- Be accessible to all professionals to provide support and information to clinical staff on the management of patients with either simple or complex discharge planning needs.
- Liaise with patients, families and carers to facilitate informed decision making when discharge planning is complex or difficult.
- Support and facilitate case conferences involving the MDT and patients, families and carers
- Working as part of an integrated team, to actively strengthen links with community teams and stakeholders to ensure a safe and efficient transfer of patients from hospital into the community.
Skills & Experience:
- NMC Registered Nurse with substantial post graduate experience,
- Experience of utilisation review and discharge planning
- Extensive knowledge of discharge planning and community resources
- Experience and recent substantial clinical ward experience, preferably in Rehabilitation or Neuro Ortho and or substantial Case Management experience
- Stakeholder management
- Possess ability to take initiative to work independently and within teams
- Possess excellent communication, organisation and computer skills and have a dynamic approach to problem solving.
The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate sensitively with people from all cultures and backgrounds; and will have a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. They will be proactive and highly organised as they will be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload, working independently as well as within the team.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.