London – The Portland Hospital
We are actively inviting experienced Anaesthetic Theatre Practitioners to apply to The Portland Hospital. The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care
Location: The Portland Hospital
- Contract Type; Permanent, full time 37.5 hours
- Operating times; 5 x 7.5 hour shifts between the hours of 0730 – 2100), with participation in the on call rota.
- Shift Days; Monday to Saturday; Sundays on call
- Shift Patterns; 7:30-4pm, 12:30-9pm, 4pm-9pm
- Salary range: £34,536 - £38,374, plus shift allowances.
- Additional rewards; Private healthcare, Contributory pension, health and a vast range of rewards you would associate with a leading private healthcare organisation
About the facility
Portland Hospital is part of the established leading private healthcare company, HCA Healthcare. Established for over 50 years. The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare of women and children. We're the UK's largest private children's hospital with over 46 paediatric beds including a 10-bed intensive care unit, a neonatal intensive care unit, and a day case unit. Caring for over 40,000 children a year, we provide treatment for everything from general paediatric conditions to complex craniofacial reconstruction. We have over 175 paediatric consultants available to treat children from new-born up to the age of 18.
The four theatres at Portland provide a vibrant, exciting and professional environment where the advance equipment and technology is second to none and includes fully integrated and equipped theatres. The Portland also has an existing new project underway where a new, fifth theatre will be opening!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver a consistently high standard of patient care utilising evidence based practice
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of all aspect of patient care
- Prepare patients and provide assistance for clinical/operative procedures
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives
Skills & Experience
- Experienced Theatre Nurse, or Operating Department Practitioner (ODP)
- Registered to practice in the UK
- Anaesthetics experience
- Anaesthetics course
Maybe you haven't worked in the private healthcare sector before and would like to see how this compares to the public sector. We have friendly, welcoming and experienced theatre teams happy to support, nurture and develop you.