HCA UK are incredibly proud to be awarded ‘Private Hospital Group of the Year ‘ 2020 at the Health Investor Awards.
Job – Bank Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
Location –The Wellington Hospital
Contract Type - Bank (Shifts will be based on your availability)
Other info – There is a fixed Bank weekend hourly rate. There is scope for ad hoc annual leave cover at Band 6/7 equivalent level.
To support the highly specialist speech and language therapy service to adults who present with a range of complex swallowing and communication difficulties. To provide highly specialist assessment, diagnosis and intervention to inpatients and outpatients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide a highly specialised speech and language therapy service to patients with complex neurodisability on the acute neurological rehabilitation unit.
- To assess and treat inpatients with communication, cognitive and swallowing problems and independently manage a caseload.
- To ensure policies and procedures are adhered to within each clinical area.
- To keep up to date with current theory and practice in the field of neuro-rehab and ensure that the treatment offered is based on best clinical practice and research.
- To plan and implement treatment using a goal planning system within the interdisciplinary team.
- To maintain accurate, up to date and concise treatment records detailing the individual patient’s treatment plan and progress.
- To ensure patients and carers are involved in the planning and delivery of their own care.
- To work closely with the interdisciplinary teams to ensure that an agreed care plan and patient centred goals are set and that the outcome of intervention is monitored.
- To comply with all health and safety, infection control and clinical risk management policies as indicated.
- To work within the Rules of Professional Conduct of the Healthcare Professions Council and to be aware of the standards of practice
Skills & Experience
- HCPC registration
- Bachelor or Master’s degree qualified in Speech and Language Therapy
- RCSLT membership desirable
- Extensive rehabilitation clinical experience
- Videofluoroscopy and tracheostomy competencies desirable but not essential