London – London Bridge Hospital
Job - Lead Clinical Pharmacist
Location - The London Bridge Hospital, London
Contract Type - Permanent, full time hours 37.5hrs
Salary - Competitive (dependent on skills & experience)
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Lead Clinical Pharmacist to join our team. The role will involve overseeing and leading, together with other specialist leads, the Clinical Pharmacy Services to all areas in the Hospital and Outpatient areas. As the Lead Clinical Pharmacist, you will also be expected to identify, develop and implement effective solutions to improve patient safety, quality and efficiency. You will also oversee education and training, act as a role model and assist with governance and assurance of pharmacy services in specialist areas. If you are looking for a leadership role whilst retaining clinical expertise then this would be the ideal role for you.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead, develop and deliver clinical pharmacy services to speciality areas
- Assist with department and hospital wide education and training
- Assist with the quality, governance, and assurance of pharmacy services.
- Forge links where appropriate with external groups/institutions and if required undertake membership at appropriate internal/corporate forums.
- Participate in staff performance reviews and management of pharmacy staff.
- Assist in the strategic planning, development and delivery of pharmacy services throughout the Campus and affiliated sites.
- Work with lead pharmacists to implement AMS plan.
Skills and experience
- Registered Pharmacist with General Pharmaceutical Council
- Substantial post registration experience in hospital clinical pharmacy
- Post graduate diploma/masters in clinical pharmacy or equivalent
- Experience in supervising others or managing teams necessary
- Non-medical prescribing qualification desirable
HCA UK are incredibly proud to be awarded ‘Private Hospital Group of the Year ‘ 2020 at the Health Investor Awards.