London – The Harley Street Clinic
Oncology Senior Sister/Deputy Ward Manager
Location: Harley Street Clinic-London
Hours: 37.5hrs pw (Mon-Fri: 9-5 or 8-4 shifts)
Salary: Competitive dependent on skills & experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits, and excellent career development)
*Plus for a limited time we are offering a Golden Hello of 10% on base salary (T&C's apply) for the successful applicant
We have a brilliant opportunity for a Senior Sister/ Charge Nurse (Band 7) based at Harley Street Clinic, London. The role will play a vital role in delivering on expert patient care.
As a Senior Sister/Charge Nurse you will deliver a clinical environment that ensures our patients & visitors receive the highest standards of care; an environment that is conducive to learning, supporting, and participating in the supervision/teaching or more junior or new staff, adhering to a level of service that conforms to HCA vision, aspiration, and values at all times.
The Sister/ Charge Nurse will provide specialist nursing advice to support and facilitate high quality individualised care to patients/clients and relatives/carers, without supervision, in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team.
In addition, you will contribute to the development of services and quality improvement initiatives within a collaborative framework to enhance patient experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
‘including but not limited to’.
- Make efficient use of available resources, within budgetary constraints, to meet business objectives.
- Prioritise workloads and direct staff accordingly.
- Demonstrate and role model outstanding clinical practice at all times.
- Develop and coach team members to ensure consistently high standards of care are met.
- Regularly deputise for Modern Matron/other departmental Sisters when required.
- Evaluate the work of the team and ensure standards are met.
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Post registration qualification in Cancer/ Chemotherapy Nursing
- Recognised teaching, assessing, mentoring qualification.
- Extensive experience within Cancer specialty
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Evidence of management experience / training
- Skilled in Phlebotomy / Cannulation / Care of CVADs/ IV administration
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
At The Harley Street Clinic, we provide a range of complex care services for adults, specialising in oncology, cardiology/cardiaothoracic surgery, major complex surgery and neurosurgery. From pioneering techniques to treat cancer, our clinicians work together to provide the best possible care and treatments for our patients. Our staff always go the extra mile in caring for our patients which can be demonstrated by our recent outstanding rating, awarded by the CQC.
We were recently awarded “Best Private Hospital Group” at the 2020 Health Investor Awards.
We continually invest in medical technology, and were the first centre in the UK to perform radiotherapy using the innovative Cyberknife technique, allowing surgeons to treat tumours that were previously deemed inoperable.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.