Cheshire – The Wilmslow Hospital
We are actively inviting Assistant Theatre Practitioners to apply to HCA Healthcare UK. The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care
We are currently offering a Golden Hello to any new applications
- Location: The Wilmslow Hospital
- Contract Type: Permanent, full time, 37.5 hours
- Shift Days; Monday to Saturday;
- Shift Patterns; 7.30- 18:00; 10:00-20:00; 12:00-21:00.
- Salary range: £23478 - £26087
- Additional rewards; Private healthcare, Contributory pension, health and a vast range of rewards you would associate with a leading private healthcare organisation
If you are an experienced Assistant Theatre Practitioner and can offer a weekly commitment of full time hours, we would very much like to hear from you.
Maybe you haven't worked in the private healthcare sector before and would like to see how this compares to the public sector. We have friendly, welcoming and experienced theatre teams happy to support, nurture and develop you.
You will be responsible and accountable for delivery of health and care for patients in the Operating rooms. You will have a required level of knowledge and skill beyond that of a traditional healthcare assistant (HCA). As an Assistant Practitioner you will be able to deliver elements of health and care in the clinical area of the in Operating Department of Theatres
Skills & Experience:
- NVQ Level 4 (Perioperative Care Support) or equivalent. (Incorporating additional scrub units from NVQ Level 3)
- Previous experience in a Theatre Environment.
- Prepare, Monitor and Manage the environment and resources during and after healthcare activities.
About the Facility
It's spotless, it's welcoming, it's beautifully equipped. The very popular Wilmslow Hospital in Cheshire offers rapid local access to the best possible private hospital care, thanks to teams of highly experienced expert consultants and nurses and has recently expanded its services from day stay surgeries, to include overnight stays, 7 day week operating services, to offer our patients more complex surgical care.
Dedicated to delivering world-class healthcare, the place is packed with cutting edge, state-of-the-art tech to ensure patients get the most accurate diagnosis and treatments, and top class consultant-led care, it’s a fantastic place to work. There's everything from a modern 3T MRI scanner to laminar flow operating theatres, which means you are supported by the finest tech.
As a Theatre Practitioner, whether your background is scrub, recovery or anaesthetics this is a great learning and team environment.
Your day offers you surgical variety, a wide range of conditions including Gastroenterology, ENT ear, nose and throat, haematology, urology, plastic surgery, orthopaedic care and gynaecology, with a great team of colleagues.
If career progression is important you HCA Healthcare UK can offer you support, development and opportunities to grow.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.