London – The Portland Hospital
Job - Resident Doctor - Paediatrics
Location – The Portland Hospital, London
Contract Type - 2-year contract – FTE or LTFT with a range of flexible shifts. You can also join our bank, for extra shifts.
Salary - £75,000-£78,000 dependent on skills & experience
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day.
- 25 days holiday each year (excluding bank holidays)
- Private healthcare and dental insurance for you and your family
- Critical illness cover and Life insurance
- Private pension contribution
You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge. Through funded courses, research and qualifications.
About the role
Paediatric Resident Doctors at HCA UK are required to be involved in Registrar level clinical duties and will play a vital role in managing the medical care of all children attending working closely with Consultants and other clinical teams to ensure that patients’ treatment and care needs are met.
- Involved in several areas of child health medical care supporting leading consultants in care pathways on a wide spectrum of complexity.
- This will also include, updating patient records, completing drug charts, clerking admissions, undertaking certain medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- You will also take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuously improve and strive for excellence. You will be a contributor to the governance processes including MDT and M&M meetings and presentations.
There are opportunities for educational development including in house oncology education and attending outpatient clinics within the admin time.
Skills and experience
MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
Trained to ST5 and above
GMC Registration with Licence to Practice
Successful completion of MRCPCH Part 1 A and B or equivalent
Safeguard Children level 3 qualified
MRCP or equivalent
About the facility
The Portland Hospital is the UK’s largest private hospital with a dedicated paediatric intensive care unit. We are the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare needs of women, children and their families. Our experienced team of over 600 consultants are supported by the latest in diagnostic technology including MRI, CT and interventional radiology scanners.