Cheshire – The Wilmslow Hospital
LEAD CLINICAL PHARMACIST- ACUTE CARE
Location - The Wilmslow Hospital
Contract Type & Hours - Permanent, full-time hours 37.5hrs per week
Salary - Competitive (dependent on skills & experience). Equivalent to a NHS Band 8 role with late shift, on-call and weekend services allowance
As a key member of the Pharmacy team, the Lead Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for developing, monitoring and leading on all aspects of the clinical pharmacy acute-care services to ensure high quality, innovative and up-to-date pharmacy services which consistently meet the needs of all clients within the hospital.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To be responsible for formulating strategy and providing leadership in the advancement of clinical and ward pharmacy services
- To work with and lead on improving the pharmaceutical care patients receive at the hospital- including working closely alongside other healthcare professionals to integrate outstanding patient care and safety.
- To manage the training and development of all clinical pharmacy staff
- To be responsible directly and indirectly for the delivery of clinical supervision and competency assessment of all pharmacists providing clinical pharmacy services
- To assist in the management and development of Medicines Management and other Clinical/Non-Clinical Governance initiatives as requested by the Regional Pharmacy Manager
- To assist in the teaching and tutoring of pharmacists on post-graduate clinical pharmacy education and pharmacy medicines management technicians
- To lead on and promote the cost-effective utilisation of drugs
- To develop collaborative prescribing and treatment guidelines and audits and to be an active member of the corporate Lead Clinical Pharmacists Committee.
- To provide quality assurance related to Medicines Optimisation by way of ongoing audit, policy review and development.
- To deputise for the Regional Pharmacy Manager in their absence and assumes additional corporate and strategic responsibilities for the pharmacy service according to need.
Skills and Experience
- Member of the General Pharmaceutical Council, with a BPharm, MPharm or BSC in Pharmacy
- Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society is desirable
- Additional postgraduate clinical qualification e.g. Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy or MSc in Clinical Pharmacy or other relevant post-graduation qualification
- Extensive relevant hospital experience essential
- Experience in a clinical specialist area – e.g. experience in Surgery and acute Medicine is highly desirable
About the Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.