London – The Lister Hospital
Senior Staff Nurse – Interventional Radiology
Location – The Lister Hospital, Chelsea Bridge Rd, London SW1W 8RH,
This role is a 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday to cover the hours or 8am – 8pm with additional evening and weekend on-call
The salary for this role is between £38K - £45K dependent on experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
As the Senior Staff Nurse within the Imaging department, you will report to the Imaging Sister and will provide a customer focused high-quality nursing service to our patients and service users.
The Senior Staff Nurse will strive for and maintain the best standard of clinical standards and efficiency for our users at all times. The role will require rotation throughout all the imaging modalities (Interventional Radiology, CT, Ultrasound, MRI and Core Services) and throughout all the imaging sites within The Lister.
You will also need to be flexible to travel to our other sites-based in Chiswick, 280 Kings Road and Sydney Street.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide a professional standard of excellence in nursing services for all patients.
- Become competent in all areas of Imaging Nursing, including assisting in Interventional Radiology cases, biopsies, imaging guided drainages and therapeutic procedures.
- Share clinical knowledge with multi-disciplinary colleagues both formally (through CPD sessions/clinical competency forms) and informally (ad hoc teaching/training opportunities).
- Participate in regular mandatory training relating to Safeguarding Vulnerable adults and children, ensuring compliance in escalation of any safeguarding concerns.
- Assist bookings clerks and Radiographers in the booking of immediate appointments.
- Form an effective working relationship with Consultants, medical, Radiographic and administrative staff within the Department and the hospital as a whole.
Skills & Experience:
- Hold a BSc (or equivalent) in Nursing and hold a current UK NMC registration meeting PREP requirement.
- Demonstrate commitment to theatre/Imaging nursing through CPD/protocol development within a radiology area.
- Have a portfolio of relevant CPD
- Post Graduate qualification within imaging or another relevant area
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care
The Lister Hospital and its outpatient centres are in the heart of Chelsea and have consistently provided care and treatment in London for over 30 years. We offer access to leading consultants from London's top teaching hospitals and contemporary treatment, with several highly specialised units including fertility, breast, gynaecology, orthopaedics and gastroenterology as well as cardiology.
With 57 beds across three floors, we offer a specialised service, bespoke to our patient’s needs. Our six-bed critical care unit provides dedicated specialised care to seriously ill patients with a range of surgical or medical conditions.