London – The Lister Hospital
Senior Staff Nurse – IVF
Location – The Portland Hospital, 205-209 Great Portland St, London W1W 5AH
This is a full time 37.5 hours per week Monday – Sunday based on rotation.
This role offers a competitive salary (dependent on experience) plus 6% shift allowance + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
The Senior Staff Nurse will support the Sisters to ensure the smooth running of the unit. Assist couples undergoing fertility treatments and be responsible for implementing and monitoring patient treatment cycles. Maintain effective communication channels between patients, staff and satellite services. Maintain the highest standard of clinical practice and patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the co-ordination of activities within the Ovum Donation team and IVF when required.
- Liaise with clinicians, nurses and paramedical staff to enhance patients’ treatment and care.
- Carry out clinical duties in a professional and compassionate manner and in accordance with HCA International, NMC and HFEA guidelines.
- To help maintain the clinical area so that it is safe and welcoming for patients, visitors and staff.
- To assist with the smooth running of the clinic ensuring a high standard of nursing care.
- Be responsible for the scheduling of patient treatment cycles.
- Liaise with doctors and pharmacists to arrange prescriptions
- Liaise with satellite clinics and provide information and support to their patients
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered
- Previous experience in IVF setting
- Evidence of professional update
- Evidence of management development
- An understanding of the HFEA code of practise
About Lister Fertility Clinic and the Portland Hospital
Lister Fertility Clinic is one of the UK’s most successful fertility clinics. Established over 30 years ago it has helped to produce over 20,000 babies. Due to Lister Fertility’s continued success we are launching a second clinic at the Portland Hospital in central London in early 2022. The clinic will be purpose built and house all the latest technology to support a modern fertility service.
The clinic will offer patients a holistic approach to fertility care from early advice and investigations to recurrent miscarriage services, male fertility, IVF and ongoing gynaecology care and surgery. The team will be led by some of London’s leading names in the field of fertility and gynaecology. The aim of the clinic will be to create a positive environment where staff are supported and encouraged to develop alongside providing exceptional patient care.
The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare of women and children. The opening of the new Fertility Clinic will allow us to provide ongoing support to parents in their journey to parenthood and beyond.