London – The Portland Hospital
HCA UK are incredibly proud to be awarded ‘Private Hospital Group of the Year ‘ 2020 at the Health Investor Awards.
Job - Specialist Physiotherapist (Women's Health)
Location - The Portland Hospital for Women and Children, London
Contract Type - Bank shifts available based on your availability
Salary - Bank shifts will be paid hourly.
We are looking for Specialist Physiotherapists in Women's Health to join our Bank team to cover weekday shifts at The Portland Hospital.
As a Specialist Physiotherapist you will provide delivery of the women’s health service in the Outpatient and Inpatient Physiotherapy Department at the Portland.
You will also be able to effectively manage an obstetric and gynaecological outpatient case-load and provide specialised treatment to patients within the outpatient department.
Duties and responsibilities
· To be able to treat outpatients with conditions such as continence problems, pelvic floor dysfunctions, post-operative gynaecological conditions, and obstetric patients with both MSK and pelvic floor issues
· To be able to provide specialist advice for inpatient obstetric, and gynaecological post-operative patients
· To anticipate, assess and respond effectively to the needs of the patients, thus making excellent customer service a first priority.
· To provide thorough assessment and accurate diagnosis of patient conditions and to seek second opinion in circumstances when diagnosis may be unclear.
· To use expert clinical reasoning, critical thinking, and advanced assessment skills to assess patients with complex, acute and chronic conditions (pelvic floor dysfunction, incontinence, pain, prolapse).
· To provide specialised physiotherapy treatment using evidence based practice where possible.
· To support the clinical specialist women’s health physiotherapist in developing the service
· To be responsible for ensuring clinical excellence of the service, including undertaking teaching and audit.
Skills and experience
· Be registered with the HCPC
· Degree in Physiotherapy
· At least 2 years experience specifically in Women's Health physiotherapy (to an experienced Band 6 / senior 2 level or above)
About The Facility
The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare of women and children. As the only fully private maternity hospital in the UK, delivering over 1,600 babies a year, we place great importance on providing safe and high quality care for expectant mothers. Both consultant-led and midwife-led maternity care is available, and our aim is to provide you with all the support you need during pregnancy, childbirth and beyond. Women’s health issues are treated by a team of 40 consultants, supported by nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and counsellors, with an emphasis on privacy and dignity.