London – The Portland Hospital
HCA UK are incredibly proud to be awarded ‘Private Hospital Group of the Year ‘ 2020 at the Health Investor Awards.
Job - Neuro Paediatric Psychologist
Location - The Portland Hospital, London
Contract Type - Part- Time, 18.75hr per week
Salary Range- Competitive dependent upon skills and experience.
We are seeking a qualified and compassionate Child Psychologist with specialist experience of neuropsychological assessment or a Neuropsychologist to join our multidisciplinary therapy team. You will work with children with a wide range of neurodisabilities. You will be required to work in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
The successful candidate must have the knowledge and skills to provide quality care to our clients and their families. You will need to be well-versed in the most recent research on child and adolescent therapies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct psychological assessments and/or tests for diagnostic purposes.
- Neuropsychology formulation, assessment and recommendations
- Develop an individualized treatment plan for each child and their families.
- Educate family members on what they can do for their child or how to respond to certain behaviours.
- Psychological consultation to colleagues in the multi-disciplinary team
- Teaching and training
- Contribution to service developments
- Provide complete documentation and records of assessments and treatments according to in-house policies.
Skills & Experience
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in psychology, a graduate degree in psychology, and finally a Ph.D. or. Psy.D. in clinical or child psychology.
- Candidates at post-doctoral level may be preferred.
- Several years’ practical experience working with children with neurological deficit.
- Must be approachable and empathic for children to be comfortable working with you.
- Must be knowledgeable of different therapeutic methods and be able to switch between different approaches to meet each child’s needs.
- Excellent communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate with children of different ages and from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Adhere to all professional, ethical, and legal regulations as determined by relevant regulatory bodies and the law.
- Willingness to attend team meetings, as well as seminars on topics relevant to our client base.
About The Facility
The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare of women and children. As the only fully private maternity hospital in the UK, delivering over 1,600 babies a year, we place great importance on providing safe and high quality care for expectant mothers.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.