London – London Bridge Hospital
HCA UK are incredibly proud to be awarded ‘Private Hospital Group of the Year ‘ 2020 at the Health Investor Awards.
Job – Bank Occupational Therapist
Location –London Bridge Hospital, London
Contract Type – Bank, weekday and weekend cover.
Start Date - ASAP
The London Bridge Hospital are looking for Bank staff to join their team as a Senior Occupational Therapist.
1. To effectively manage a caseload of patients across all specialities, covering mainly general surgery, medical, orthopaedic, ITU and oncology specialities, using specialist clinical reasoning to recommend best course of intervention, developing comprehensive treatment plans related to patient centred goals.
2. To anticipate, assess and respond effectively to the needs of the patients, thus making excellent customer service a first priority.
3. To practice in accordance with the COT standards, comply with evidence based medicine and actively seek to update personal professional development.
Duties & Responsibilities
· To provide thorough assessment and accurate diagnosis of patient conditions and to seek second opinion in circumstances when diagnosis may be unclear.
· To provide highly specialised occupational therapy treatment using evidence based practice where possible.
· To be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work.
· To maintain a high standard of professional and personal conduct, complying with the HCA code of conduct and the HCPC rules of professional conduct.
Skills & Experience
· Graduate Diploma or BSc in Occupational Therapy
· Registration with HCPC
· Experience in an acute hospital setting covering a wide range of specialities
· Prior experience in neuro rehab
About the facility
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; a large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City and Canary Wharf