London – The Wellington Hospital
Staff Nurse – ITU – Full Time
Location – London Bridge Hospital, Princess Grace, The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister & The Wellington Hospital.
Salary – Upwards of £33,000 + 9% Shift Enhancement + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
As a Staff Nurse in the Critical Care unit, you will be required to provide a high level of care for patients by assessing, planning, delivering and continued evaluation of care. Additionally, you will be responsible and accountable for your own practice and for ensuring the delivery of a high quality service at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the patient and their family’s needs
- Responsible for planning and delivering appropriate care for admissions and discharges
- Undertake extended roles such as venipuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Contributing to the ongoing research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Working with junior staff and delegating and supervising the care in a fair and equitable manner
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of a deteriorating patient and initiate early interventions in a calm and co-ordinated manner
Skills & Experience:
- Registered General Nurse with NMC pin.
- Neuro, Cardiac or General ITU/HDU specific skills and experience.
- Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills with good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Practice Assessor Course
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group with a network of the capital’s most respected and long established private hospitals. We are an award winning heathcare provider with our hospitals being awarded as ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’ by the CQC.
Working within one of our 24 hour critical care units will keep you challenged and will give you the opportunity to develop your existing skills. All of our units are equipped with the latest technology and provide specialized care to level 2 & 3 patients; with our commitment to progressing careers within our group and the availability of bank shifts, you will have the opportunity to work across an extremely diverse and acute patient-load. Plus, with our nurse to patient ratio frequently at 1:1, we will give you the opportunity to do what you do best: Care.