BANK- Admin Assistant (St Ives- Cambridgeshire)
Category:Management & Business Support
HCA Laboratories has over 35 years’ experience in providing diagnostics services for hospitals, GPs, and other healthcare providers. This is an opportunity to join a growing business unit within HCA Labs that is focused on top-quality customer service. Our operations are run out of the business unit’s main site in St Ives, Cambridgeshire, where we have a small, friendly and committed team ready to help with our customers’ needs.
We are looking for an Admin Assistant to join our bank to provide day-to-day administration requirements of the company. They will input patient data on the Chameleon Software and deal with customer queries.
This is an ideal opportunity if you are looking for flexibility in your working hours without committing to a permanent role.
We offer competitive hourly rates of pay. Typical shifts available Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am and 5pm.
Please note, this role will be based in St. Ives, Cambridgeshire.
- Carry out the day to day administration and provide first class customer services ensuring efficient turnaround of all cases to client hospitals and responding to issues as they arise.
- Accurately input patient data on the Chameleon Information System.
- Answer telephone calls promptly and politely and deal with issues or escalate as appropriate.
- Safely and securely pack all cases for distribution to reporting pathologists or return to clients.
- Follow the standard operating procedures (SOPs), policies and risk assessments appropriate to the role.
- Ensure patient and staff information remains secure and confidential in line with NHS Information security and data protection regulations.
- Utilize varying computer programmes in order to carry out the needs of the company.
- Previous admin experience, ideally within healthcare
- Computer literate
- Fast, accurate typing skills
- Good communication skills
The ideal candidate will be confident, with clear communication and a real focus on providing outstanding customer service. They will be versatile and flexible and happy to work across various tasks. They will also be able to adhere to processes and protocol and have the ability to prioritise workload in order to meet the department objectives.