BMS 2 - Haematology
Salary:£30,001 - £40,000
Category:Healthcare Science Services
As one of London’s leading providers of pathology services, HCA Laboratories’ rapid growth is creating exciting opportunities for ambitious individuals to join us and deliver on our commitment to quality in the face of unprecedented demand.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and motivated HCPC registered Biomedical Scientists who want to broaden their horizons with one of London’s leading providers of pathology services.
Joining us, you’ll process samples quickly and accurately. In return, you’ll have every opportunity to develop a challenging career at the forefront of acute diagnostic pathology. You’ll also enjoy a salary that reflects your qualifications and experience, and an excellent range of benefits. A flexible approach to working shifts and weekends is essential.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior BMS to join the Haematology Department in central London.
We have a great opportunity for a BMS 2 to join our Haematology department on a Permanent basis. The Post Holder will be responsible for the below:
- Speedy and accurate processing of samples, the interpretation and validation of results and to assist the department Head/BMS3 in Haematology as required.
- To provide a quality, multi-disciplinary analytical role enabling the provision of a comprehensive 24 hour pathology service for laboratory users.
- To work as a team member within Haematology bringing any problems which may affect the provision of the service to the attention of Department Head.
Please note the projected salary for this role is £39,727 - £44,992 per annum depending on experience.
- Speedy and accurate processing of samples
- Interpretation, validation and timely reporting of results
- Monitor and enter results from referral laboratories
- Participate in the multi-disciplinary Night Shift Rota
- Deal with telephone enquires
- Assist Section Leader with the day to day running of Haematology section
- Deputise for Department Head as required
- Ensure equipment in Haematology working correctly
- Liaise and assist specimen Reception and other sections within the laboratory
- BSc/MSc Biomedical Science or equivalent
- HPC Registered - This is a mandatory requirement
- Member of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences
- Evidence of continual personal development
- Experience working within a Haematology Lab is essential
- Up to date Clinical Haematology knowledge
- Up to date technical skills
The successful candidate will possess a high level of concentration, precision and accuracy, ensuring that all results are returned with accurate information in a timely manner. They will have the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and encourage others to do the same. They will need to be comfortable directing others with their workload and be effective at prioritising workloads. Finally, they will have a customer focused attitude at all times, working with the team to ensure their processes are efficient and effective.
This advert closes on 11th May 2018.