Cancer Data Officer
Category:Management & Business Support
HCA Healthcare UK is the country's largest provider of privately funded care with 800,000 patient interactions every year.
From complex and urgent care, to primary care, outpatient and day-case treatment, we provide exceptional care across our network of facilities and key NHS partnerships in London and Manchester.
We're at the forefront of ground breaking medicine and our clinical standards are a given, but it's the individual care we to each patient give that means 99% of them recommend HCA UK. Our primary purpose is to provide exceptional care delivered with compassion and kindness, using state-of-the-art technology operated by expert, dedicated teams.
HCA Healthcare UK are currently recruiting for four Cancer Data Officer to join our growing oncology department. The Cancer Data Officer will be responsible for extracting and collating cancer data from various IT systems and patient medical records in use across hospitals within the HCA Cancer Network. They will then be tasked with recording this data onto the Network wide HCA Cancer Information System and producing regular reports to analyse, correct and flag governance and data quality problems.
This will support with HCA Healthcare UK enabling compliance with BUPA quality accreditation requirements and submission of data to National Cancer Audits and Registries.
This role is based in our Central London head office, Marylebone; however, the post holder might be needed to travel across all of our central London facilities.
This is a full time and permanent opportunity offering a competitive salary package dependent upon candidate experience. Along with a competitive salary, the incumbent will also receive 25 days holiday, private healthcare and our company flexible benefits scheme.
- Understand service provision for cancer patients within HCA and associated flows of information about patients.
- Identify cancer patients, extract and record data onto the Cancer Information System, in a timely way to support data collection and submission processes, ensuring data accuracy, compliance of guidelines and deadlines.
- Work closely with Consultants, their PA’s, multi-disciplinary teams, MDT co-ordinators, patient navigation administrators, other cancer data co-ordinators and the corporate clinical informatics team to ensure identification and comprehensive recording of data for cancer patients.
- Support the improvement of data quality throughout cancer services, promoting the importance of data quality.
- Provide advice, guidance and training to system users to ensure accuracy and completeness of data input is maintained and improved upon, and to ensure a greater understanding of the need for good data quality.
- NVQ4/HNC/Diploma or significant professional experience within an Information/Data Quality/Audit setting.
- Information or Computing Degree.
- IT Skills, including Microsoft Office Packages Excel, Access and Powerpoint.
- Continued Professional Development
- Basic knowledge of cancer and its management
- Knowledge of medical terminology and familiarity with clinical processes.
- Evidence of a good standard of literacy/English language skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, numerical and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate verbally in polite, clear and effective ways.