Category:Management & Business Support
London’s largest private hospital group, HCA operates 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS.
Our primary purpose is to provide exceptional care delivered with compassion and kindness, using state-of-the-art technology operated by expert, dedicated teams.
The Billing Officer is responsible for billing all patient accounts in compliance with contractual agreements and department targets.
The post holder will be responsible for the accurate billing of patient accounts and for electronic transmission of claims where applicable as well as online editing as required. Maintaining the level of unbilled accounts within the current department targets and reviewing all accounts for completeness of charges and consistency with the treatment provided, will form part of the post holders responsibilities.
This is a full time and permanent opportunity offering a competitive salary package dependent upon candidate experience. Along with a competitive salary, the incumbent will also receive 25 days holiday, private healthcare and our company flexible benefits scheme.
- Liaise with hospital departments, consultants, insurers and other third parties to ensure bills accurately reflect the treatment provided and are in line with Contractual agreements
- Monitor and audit all aspects of billing routines including late charges and error logs
- Identify and track reasons why accounts are not able to be billed within the current departmental targets and provide feed back information to B/AR Operations Controller
- Answer all correspondence and telephone queries within 48 hours of receipt
- Provide cover for all duties performed in the Central Billing Department during annual leave and sickness
- GCSC grade C or above including Maths and English
- Basic Level in MS Excel and Access
- Intermediate understanding of hospital charging and administration procedures
- Understanding of billing procedures to enable effective training
- Billing or Finance experience is essential
The successful candidate will need to demonstrative an understanding of insurance contracts and their application in practice. Demonstrating the ability to identify and resolve missing or inconsistent charges and correct any billing errors or discrepancies will be essential to the success of this role.