Biomedical Scientist 1 - Transfusion
Category:Healthcare Science Services
HCA Laboratories has over 35 years’ experience in providing pathology services, for acute care in our HCA Hospitals, IVF Clinics, Insurance work, healthcare screening and GP services.
As one of London’s leading providers of pathology services, HCA Laboratories’ rapid growth is creating exciting opportunities for an ambitious individual to join us and deliver on our commitment to quality in the face of unprecedented demand.
As part of the team you will have access to all of HCA’s fantastic benefits. On top of this we’re very keen to promote from within our team and with a very clear structure, there’s a lot of scope to develop your career and learn new skills.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Biomedical Scientist for our transfusion department who would like to broaden their horizons with one of London's leading providers of Pathology services.
Please note the projected salary for this role is between £35,686 - £40,415 per annum depending on experience.
Working hours are 37.5 per week
- Assist in the speedy and accurate processing of samples, the interpretation and validation of results
- Provide a quality, multi-disciplinary analytical role enabling the provision of a comprehensive 24 hour pathology service for laboratory users
- Work as a team member within Transfusion bringing any problems which may affect the provision of the service to the attention of Department Head
- Support the department Head in Transfusion as required
- HCPC Registered - This is a mandatory requirement for this post
- Fellow of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences
- Post Graduate qualification in Transfusion is desirable (BBTS Qualified)
- Evidence of continual personal development
- Up to date Clinical Transfusion knowledge
- Up to date technical skills
The successful candidate will possess a high level of concentration, precision and accuracy, ensuring that all results are returned with accurate information in a timely manner. They will have the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and encourage others to do the same. They will need to be comfortable directing others with their workload and be effective at prioritising.