Senior 1 MRI Radiographer - Old Broad Street
Facility:The London Bridge Hospital
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
London Bridge Hospital is expanding in 2017 into the top four floors of the new Guy’s Cancer Centre. With 38.2 million pound investment and 60,000 square feet this purpose built facility will allow London Bridge Hospital to house its cancer services in one roof. Consultants from London’s top teaching hospitals will offer full surgical provision in urology, gynaecology, breast, ENT, maxillofacial and head and neck, as well as reconstructive surgery for these specialties. The hospital will partner with Leaders in Oncology (LOC) across chemotherapy, outpatient oncology and haematology.
The new site will encompass inpatient and daycase beds, operating theatres including the first integrated robotics theatre in the UK, housing a Da Vinci Robot. There will also be a chemotherapy unit, outpatient consulting, Level 3 Critical Care and Imaging including X-Ray, MRI and Ultrasound.
The London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses the recently opened outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard, the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site, and a further five outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent. Patients benefit from multidisciplinary streamlined care, investment in leading-edge technology and London teaching hospital consultants.
As a Senior Radiographer at The London Bridge Hospital, you will be responsible for undertaking and performing all MRI procedures and ensuring the delivering high quality imaging services to all users. You will also be responsible will be responsible for maintaining a high level of clinical safety at all times and working to best practice standards to ensure an outstanding patient experience.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £36,937 - £44,271 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
- Undertake and perform all MRI procedures to a high standard, observing all safety checks and procedures and ensuring full compliance with all MRI policies, with the safe scanning of the patient as priority.
- Carry out all administrative duties involved with service under the guidance of the MRI Superintendent/Deputy.
- Perform general x ray examinations as required, especially when working on the Satellite sites
- Assist the Consultant Radiologists in the performance of their examinations, being amenable at all times to a broad spectrum of requests.
- Flexibility to work at either the main Hospital department or any of the satellite departments as required.
- Undertake and perform all departmental examinations requested to a high level of skill, ensuring all health and safety guidelines are followed correctly
- Carry out other adhoc duties at the request of the Imaging Services Manager or Deputy Manager
For this role, you will have substantial previous experience across a number of modalities within either a private or NHS setting. It is also desirable tha
To be successful in this role, you will need to be keen and eager to deliver world class customer service and also to develop your skills and experiences. You will need to have excellent time management skills and not be afraid to ask from help from the wide team, whilst also making yourself available to assist your colleagues.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!