Medical Secretary (Part time)
Category:Management & Business Support
Blossoms Healthcare is a leading provider of private healthcare services for employers. Our GP services and Health Assessments help employers to make sure the people they recruit are fit for business, stay healthy or can manage health problems if they arise.
We believe there are several reasons why clients continue to trust our services:
Quality - a passion for quality runs through everything we do with regular audit and appraisal for all our teams and independent recognition from the Care Quality Commission. The majority of our doctors are Members of the Royal Colleges, providing the highest levels of patient care.
Personal service - a dedicated and well-resourced support team are in place to ensure clients receive outstanding service standards, always with the personal touch, which means a named contact at all times and not a shared call centre.
Flexibility - All Blossoms' health services are specially tailored to fit the needs of busy professionals, providing convenient, effective care delivered to the very highest standards
Experience - With roots in the City of London stretching back more than a century, Blossoms understands the importance of a stable, capable team. Our doctors have, on average, spent more than eight years with Blossoms Healthcare. They work hard to provide continuity of care so patients have the reassurance of seeing a familiar face.
We are looking for an experienced Medical Secretary to provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the Medical Team within our Garlick Hill GP practice.
Salary up to £25,000 (pro rata ) per annum plus HCA benefits
Working hours: 22.5 hrs per week, Wed - Friday 09.00am- 17.30pm
- The accurate audio typing of all patients’ letters, referrals and medical reports.
- To deal with enquiries via telephone and face-to-face, liaising with staff and members of the public in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Undertake faxing, scanning, logging and photocopying as required.
- To observe strict confidentiality.
- To cover colleagues’ absences when required.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent Audio/Copy typewriting skills 75 – 90 wpm
- Excellent knowledge word, e-mail and databases
- Previous Medical Secretary experience within healthcare/ legal is desirable
- AMSPAR medical secretarial qualification desirable
- GCSE level education
- Ability to use own initiative and pay attention to detail
You will be reliable and flexible with a can-do attitude. You will have a focused in providing an excellent service to customers with exceptional spoken and written communication skills.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received