Senior Specialist Dietitian
Facility:The Wellington Hospital
Develop your career at HCA Healthcare UK – The world’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016'.
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and circa 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Specialist Dietitian (Band 7) to join our Nutrition and Dietetics department at our facility in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 9LE).
The Nutrition and Dietetics department provides a service to adult inpatients and outpatients. They work across the acute and rehabilitation wards, providing specialist nutrition advice in a number of clinical areas including surgical, gastroenterology, ITU, neurorehabilitation and oncology.
As a Senior Specialist Dietitian you will provide expert, evidence based assessment and intervention to inpatients requiring nutrition support or advice within our surgical wards. This would also include Parental Nutrition and complex feeding in other wards when required.
- Permanent, Full-Time position
- Hours: 37.5 per week; 9am – 5:00 (Monday to Friday)
- Salary: £36,937 - £44,271 per annum, depending on experience.
- Benefits: Structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover and much more.
- To provide specialist nutrition advice to patients, their carers and the medical team through formulation of treatment and education plans and prescription of nutrition support.
- To provide expert, evidence based assessment and clinical intervention to inpatients in clinical areas including but not limited to Surgical, Oncology, Gastroenterology. The post holder may be required to see patients in our outpatient clinics.
- To provide supervision and mentoring to junior Dietitians and Dietetic students.
- To attend ward rounds and MDT meetings to take part in decision-making about the patient’s clinical care.
- To routinely lead in research and development by initiating, planning and undertaking clinical audits/research projects to evaluate and develop the specialist dietetic service within their clinical area and produce evidence based resources, policies and guidelinesTo liaise with and provide the catering department with expert advice on special diets.
- Professional qualification in Nutrition & Dietetics (BSc Nutrition & Dietetics or equivalent)
- Registered member of the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Experience in the provision of clinical Dietetics intervention including complex enteral feeding support and Parental Nutrition
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Health and Safety and mandatory training
- Able to allocate clinical caseload and independently manage a complex and diverse caseload
- Able to confidently work with Consultants and other Specialists
- Able to work as an effective team member of multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary teams.
- Involvement in audit and/or service development activities
- Knowledge of skills and frameworks to guide and supervise junior staff
- Knowledge of professional body and national guidelines relating to practice
HCA Healthcare UK offers ground-breaking innovation, leading the way in complex care. You will be provided with the opportunity to develop your career and we are committed to helping you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities.