Senior Theatre Practitioner- Scrub
Facility:The Princess Grace Hospital
Category:Nursing & Midwifery
Located in the heart of London’s esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialties. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients.
Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery and a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country. Procedures covered at the Princess Grace include; orthopaedic, gynaecology, urology and general surgery and are conducted by consultants from leading London Hospitals who are experienced and world renown in their field of expertise.
As the Senior Theatre Practitioner (Scrub) you will be responsible for assisting the Surgeon with patient care throughout their surgical procedure. You will prepare equipment and instruments, making sure they are all accounted for at the end of surgery, ensuring the ongoing sterility of the operating theatre and that the national standards are met in accordance to the NMC, HPC and HCA’s Code of Conduct. You will also be involved in the mentoring of junior members of the team.
Salary between £35,673 and £40,401 plus enhancement and HCA Benefits (dependent on experience)
Rotational shift pattern, 37.5 hours per week
- Prepare equipment and instruments according to the individual needs of the patient and Surgeon
- Involvement with the updating of Surgeon preference cards
- Ensure all equipment and instruments are accounted for at the end of surgery
- Work closely with Sterile Services to ensure effective decontamination of equipment and instruments
- Maintain a sterile environment within the operating theatre
- RGN or ODP with NMC registration
- Considerable post graduate experience in theatre scrub
- Competent in scrub technique
- Experience of mentoring
- Desirably hold relevant post grad training in scrub
- Ability to decide requirements for different surgical procedures
The successful candidate will be a confident individual with specialist knowledge in scrub. They will be motivated to share their knowledge with the wider team to ensure all team members are learning and progressing, as well as keen to learn from others. They will be assertive, with a positive attitude and the ability to follow directions accurately.