Staff Nurse-Outpatients (Dual trained)
Facility:The Princess Grace Hospital
Category:Nursing & Midwifery
Located in the heart of London’s esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialities. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery and a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
Split across multiple sites in the Harley street area, our Outpatients department covers various private clinics and GP services. We offer services in a variety of specialities including orthopaedics, gynaecology, haematology, general surgery, medical, ENT and Urology and are led by world-class consultants, meaning our patients are guaranteed the high standard of service they expect from leading private hospital.
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
As an Outpatient nurse you will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating high quality nursing care.Working as part of a wider Multi-disciplinary team you will provide vital support for patients, their families and carers.
Salary: £31,630-£35,822 dependent on Experience plus HCA Benefits
Monday – Friday
Shifts; 08.00-2030hrs, 0800-1400hrs, 1400-2030hrs, 0800-2130hrs (flexibility required)
Closing date: 07/04/2018
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
- Prioritise, assess, plan and deliver care based on the individual patient needs.
- Capture all relevant charges
- Maintain accurate records
- Assist with minor procedures
- Perform clinical procedures as required such as wound care, ECG, urinalysis, routine observations and administration of medication.
- Undertake extended clinical roles such as phlebotomy
- Set up and run clinics based on the individual Consultants requirements.
- Provide chaperone assistance when required
- Liaise and work closely with other specialties within the department
- Deputise in the absence of senior staff
- Act as a clinical role model for all members of staff, demonstrating best practice at all times and adhering to HCA protocols, policies and guidelines
- Maintain a safe environment for both patients and staff
- Promote a learning environment initiating improvements in clinical issues and delivery of care.
- Other ad hoc nursing duties as required.
- Dual trained (adult and paediatric) registered nurse.
- NMC Registration for both adult and paediatric nursing.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Outpatients /orthopaedic experience desirable
- Phlebotomy skill desirable
The successful candidate will have a positive, enthusiastic, flexible attitude and be willing to learn from those around them, whilst contributing towards a best practice environment. They will be comfortable working autonomously as well as part of a team and be keen to share knowledge and ideas throughout the group. Finally, they will have a customer focused mind set, working to ensure high standards of patient care at all times, working towards the continued success of the department at all times.