Senior Theatre Practitioner- Anaesthetics
Facility:The Portland Hospital
Category:Nursing & Midwifery
Internationally renowned for clinical excellence, The Portland Hospital is the only independent hospital in the UK entirely dedicated to women and children. Our inpatient and outpatient specialties reflect this, providing clinical expertise in Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Women`s Health.
The hospital has been consistently growing over the past few years, almost doubling since 2008.
The culture at The Portland Hospital is to provide support, an inspiring environment and positive ways of working to ensure everyone has a better day. This is accomplished through our core set of ‘Positively Portland’ values that all employees will work to:
Greetings, Respect, Teamwork, Initiative, Responsibility and Acknowledgement
As the Senior Theatre Practitioner in Anaesthetics, responsible and accountable for providing high quality clinical assistance to the Anaesthetist and supporting the Lead Anaesthetics Practitioner.
Salary: £35,673-£40,401 (Dependant on candidate experience) plus HCA benefits
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator immediately.
- Help to control cross infection by observing departmental policy regarding dress, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures and asepsis.
- Prepare patients for clinical/ operative procedures, both in anaesthetics and surgery.
- Provide assistance in clinical/ operative procedures, both anaesthetics and surgery.
- Provide initial emergency care as required
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
- Adhere to the procedures for the use of supplies, ordering requirements for the Department as directed by line manager.
- Ensure the accurate collection of data in relation to theatre activity.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act and its amendments.
- Maintain the safe custody, handling of drugs in accordance with hospital policy.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade and the needs of the service.
- Participate in the reporting of incidents and comply with any ensuing investigations.
- RGN or registered OPD
- Anaesthetics course
- Evidence of on-going professional development
- Advanced Life Support (desirable)
- Post-registration qualification in a surgical field (desirable)
- Mentorship qualification (desirable)
You will have the ability to develop good interpersonal relationships with the other staff and consultants through effective communication and sound judgment in your own area of practice.
You will provide a commitment to expanding your existing skills, assisting in the planning and implementation of the Anaesthetic and peri-operative assessment within the anaesthetic role.