CT Lead Radiographer
Facility:The Harley Street Clinic
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
As part of the Radiology team the successful applicant will have access to all of HCA’s fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London’s most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
Working as a CT Superintendent Radiographer (Imaging) you would be managing the day-to-day running of the CT Suite in order to provide a professional, efficient and cost effective unit.
To organise the training, supervision and professional development of the staff who will be working in the CT Suite and to deputise for and assist both the Deputy Imaging Manager and the Imaging Manager as required
This is a fixed term contract for 12 months, working 37.5 hours per week – with potential for full-time permanent.
Salary - £43,801 - £49,901
- Managing the day-to-day running of the CT Suite in order to provide a professional, efficient and cost effective unit providing a high standard of diagnostic imaging
- Take day to day responsibility for the supervision of the CT radiographic staff
- Participate in the development of the Imaging department including the strategic and business planning of the CT service
- Provide professional leadership in the CT Suite monitoring professional and patient care standards
- Undertake further training and study in order to keep abreast of developments
- Ensure efficient day-to day running of the CT Suite by organising the efficacious utilisation of staff and resources
- Staffing levels, skill mixes and working arrangements, induction, training and development of staff appraisal
- To work closely with the radiologists in setting up policies and protocols for all techniques and organise with the radiologists techniques appropriate for each patient request
- Assist the Imaging Manager with clinical audit and clinical governance processes within the CT Suite
- Ensure effective communication through the dissemination of information to all the staff who work in the CT Suite and those in associated areas
- Ensure all radiographers working in the CT Suite are furnished with all the relevant information with respect to departmental protocols and procedures
- HPC registration
- Good verbal and non verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility to respond to the needs of the department
- Good team player
- Customer care skills
- Prioritising workloads
The successful candidate will be confident, with clear communication and a real focus on providing outstanding customer service. They will be versatile and flexible, happy to work across various roles and tasks to ensure the smooth running of the department. They will also be able to adhere to processes and protocol and have the ability to prioritize workload in order to meet the department objectives.