Regional Health Screening Doctor - South West UK
Roodlane Medical are one of the UK’s leading private patient primary care specialists and providers of corporate healthcare services, with extensive experience of creating and delivering innovative corporate wellness strategies.
A recent addition to the HCA Healthcare UK Group, Roodlane Medical operates out of offices and exclusive practices in across the country with a network of 22 private UK hospitals, 9 treatment centers and 3 neurological units. Catering for an increasingly diverse range of private patients from those able to self-pay to Corporate Clients who are choosing to offer company funded private GP and Health Screening services as part of a suite of wellness services to keep their staff healthy and productive at work.
Due to exciting business growth at Roodlane Medical, we are recruiting for a Regional Health Screening Doctor to travel between Bristol, Cardiff, Salisbury, Gloucester and Reading and cover the clinics among those cities.
Salary: £85,000 per annum (pro-rata for part-time hours)
Working Hour: 8.30 am to 17.30 pm Monday to Friday
HCA Healthcare UK would cover successful applicant's all work travel expenses either by paying for trains and taxi or mileage.
The Health Screening role at Roodlane Medical involves carrying out health screens and health promotion. The role at Roodlane is private corporate healthcare, characterised by the traditional values of evidence based patient care, with more time taken over consultations.
Hours: Typically full time 37.5 – 40 clinical hours routine office hours, however part time applicants are welcome. The option of weekend work to be paid as overtime is available for those interested.
Please specifically state the days and hours you are available to work within your application.
• Provide health screening services to clients
• Review medical questionnaires prior to assessments
• Health screening and health promotion medicals (including history, medical examination, well
woman checks, allocated tests and venesection)
• Provide appropriate onward referrals as appropriate
• Provide patient advice, follow ups and, where required, private prescription service
• Advise patients on cost of prescriptions/dispensed medication if required
• Ensure care in line with corporate client benefits, e.g. PMI
• Ensure patient records and dates are maintained and updated accurately
• Primary Medical Degree
• Full registration with the UK GMC
• MRCGP (or equivalent) or named on the GP register (highly advantageous, but not essential)
• Previous experience within a similar clinical, GP role
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• Good working knowledge of IT
The successful candidate will be a fast learner, driven by providing high quality care, with a passion
for customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. They will also be
adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload, working independently as
well as within the team.