Facility:The Portland Hospital
Category:Nursing & Midwifery
Known the world over for its clinical excellence, The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in London entirely dedicated to women and children. We’re proud to have developed a reputation as one of the world’s leading providers of private healthcare, specialising in Obstetrics (Maternity), Women's Health and Paediatrics.
The Gynaecology department consists of 12 beds treating patients for day case surgery, for example polypectomy and major surgery, including hysterectomies and myomectomies and we are now expanding our Women’s Surgical Services with a state of the art 12 bedded inpatient Surgical, HDU ward and Critical Care unit to enable us to provide complex surgical services to female surgical patients.
The role of the Gynaecology Sister is to provide clinical management and leadership to all staff working in the department, ensuring a high standard of nursing care at all times.
Salary: £39,174- £45,419 (dependent on experience ) plus 9% Enhancements and all of HCA’s fantastic benefits.
Closing date: 03/04/2018
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
- To take responsibility for a team of nurses ensuring systems are in place for cascading information and that there is a forum for team discussion, sharing of ideas and delegating areas of responsibility
- To set and maintain a high standard of nursing care
- Provide patients and their relatives with information regarding the care and management of their condition
- Make use of available resources with regard to budgetary constraints and Corporate, Hospital and Departmental business objectives
- To monitor care delivery through audit and take part in the development of action plans to improve standards as required
- To take responsibility for ensuring the department has up to date and effective evidence based policies in place for staff to follow
- To keep abreast of developments in Gynaecology practice
- To ensure continuous staff development through the competency based appraisal system and follow up with individual developmental plans
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- Valid NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- Mentorship Qualification or ENB 998
- Extensive experience working in a senior nursing position on a Gynaecology ward
- Phlebotomy training desirable
The successful candidate will be committed to providing exceptional patient centered care demonstrating an understanding of cross cultural differences. They will work well in a team, showing respect, sharing information and supporting others. The ability to work under pressure and manage conflicts are key. Effective people management skills and team building and motivation capabilities are also essential