BANK - Receptionist/ Ward Clerk
Category:Management & Business Support
HCA Healthcare UK: Winners of Best Private Healthcare Provider 2016
HCA Healthcare is London’s largest private hospital group, and operates 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS.
Our primary purpose is to provide exceptional care delivered with compassion and kindness, using state-of-the-art technology operated by expert, dedicated teams.
We are looking for experienced Bank Receptionists and Ward Clerks to join our Central Bank team to support our facilities across HCA Healthcare in delivering a high quality service to patients, consultants and third parties to facilitate the overall care of all patients. This will be to work on an adhoc temporary basis as and when there are requirements within the business.
This is an ideal opportunity if you are looking for flexibility in your working hours without committing to a permanent role and will give you the chance to work at different World class hospitals within London. Bank assignments vary from one or two days cover to a couple of weeks or longer.
We offer competitive hourly rates of pay. We offer a service Monday to Sunday, 7.45am to 10pm on a shift basis.
- Meet and greet patients, visitors, consultants and staff and deal with their enquires
- Answer telephone enquiries, referring where appropriate
- To check in patient, and direct them to the right services
- To co-ordinate porters tasks accordingly
- Monitor stationary stock levels
- Maintain reception equipment and reporting faults
- To operate switchboard efficiently, providing a prompt and courteous service
- To make bookings for consultant appointments and clinical investigations
- To register patients and enter charges on to computer system
- Review patient’s bed charges
- Retrieve patient’s notes from Medical record department
- Good general level of education
- Previous experience in a similar role within a healthcare environment
- Well-developed numeracy skills
- IT Literate with strong keyboard skills– Microsoft Office
To be successful you will have good verbal and non verbal skills, accuracy and attention to detail. An understanding of medical terminology would be desirable. Good customer care skills are essential.