Medical Secretary (Fixed Term)
Facility:The Harley Street Clinic
Category:Management & Business Support
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The successful applicant will have access to all of HCA’s fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organisation based in one of London’s most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
The Medical Secretary will be responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to assist the department in ensuring services of the highest quality.
Hours: 37.5 hours/week, Monday-Friday (08.00-16.00 or 10.00-18.00)
Salary: £22,154 - £27,129 (dependent on candidate experience)
PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS A 1 YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT
- To arrange appointments, liaising with internal and external departments
- To manage correspondence and telephone enquiries as directed
- Maintain and file accurate records
- Arrange meetings and prepare minutes
- To be responsible for all aspects of organisation relating to your department/ relevant clinics
- To be responsible for the booking of Consulting Rooms for sessional consultant users in consultation with the Unit Administrator
- To be responsible for all clinical correspondence and audio typing
- To liaise with consultants and their secretaries ensuring the smooth running of the Out Patients clinics
- To be responsible for compilation of clinic lists and ensuring relevant departments receive a copy
- To ensure the Unit Administrator is kept informed of all issues relating to the clinics
- To maintain a documented record of any issues arising from the relevant clinics i.e. complaints and ensure that the Unit Administrator is notified
- To provide cover for their colleagues in their absence under the guidance of their Practice Manager or Team Leader
- Previous Medical Secretarial experience within a private healthcare environment is essential
- Computer literate
- Medical terminology course (AMSP)
The successful candidate will have great organisational skills and will be able to prioritise their workload. A high standard of work presentation and accuracy are essential.