Facility:The Lister Hospital
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Lister Hospital campus in South-West London has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission in 2017, which highlights the exceptional care and highest quality of nursing and clinical care provided by our staff at the hospital.
The campus encompasses one of the most famous landmarks in Chelsea, The Lister Hospital located next to Chelsea Bridge; Chelsea Outpatients Centre, a modern and contemporary private diagnostic and treatment facility on the famous Chelsea Kings Road and our private outpatient physiotherapy service and independent private general practice at Chelsea Medical Centre.
In May 2017, the campus expanded to include a brand new purpose-built outpatient centre HCA Sydney Street, Chelsea.
Our 57 bedded inpatient service provides a comprehensive range of orthopaedics, acute surgical and medicine treatments to our patients. We specialise in caring for patients who have undergone complex and varied surgery in orthopaedics, gynaecology, dermatology, urology, colorectal, gastroenterology, ophthalmology and reconstructive surgery
Working as the Theatre Manager you will be responsible for the strategic and operational management of the theatres including: financial, business, staffing, and governance.
You will be looking to Deliver efficient and effective theatre staffing and create a one stop booking service for all the operating theatres. This role will involve planning and working with newest services and technologies that the facility is able to offer!
As the Theatre Manager at The Lister, you will ensure theatre staff deliver high quality specialist services for planned procedures and there is an effective on call out of hours service. Your key responsibilities will include:
- The allocation of appropriate staffing, utilising the skill mix to its full potential.
- Provide strategic and operational direction to build the departmental business; plan new services and introduce new technologies as required and provide a highly responsive service to consultant users.
- Manage resources across all clinical areas within the department maximizing session utilization and ensuring flexibility of staffing and expertise.
- Having responsibility for managing the department within an agreed annual budget including working hours and units of service, maximizing revenue recapture and cost control.
- To promote effective communication and co-operative working arrangement with other departments, in particular Endoscopy, Wards and Imaging Departments.
- Deputise for or represent the deputy Chief Nurse and Chief Operating Officer when necessary.
- To devise and implement an annual service plan for the department that is clearly linked to the hospital business plan.
Previous experience of working in an appropriate clinical setting ideally as a Registered Practitioner and previous Leadership experience is essential for this role.
Teaching and Assessing and/or Mentorship qualification is desirable
Excellent organisational and management skills with the ability to flexibly respond to the needs of the department and the hospital
The ability to effectively manage the clinical area on a day to day basis and plan ahead along with the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.