Paediatric Urgent Care Physician
HCA UK is the country's largest provider of privately funded healthcare with 800,000 patient interactions every year. From complex and urgent care to primary care, outpatient and day-case treatment, we provide world-class care across our network of facilities and key NHS partnerships in London and Manchester. At each of our world-class hospitals, many rated 'Outstanding' by the CQC we are at the forefront of ground breaking medicine, specialists in complex and acute conditions and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments and technology.
We are recruiting now for our brand new facility at The Portland Hospital, a dedicated Urgent Care Centre for Children opening Spring 2018.
Operating hours 8am-10pm, 365 days per year and you will scheduled either and early or late shift including weekdays and/or weekends.
On offer to experienced Urgent Care GPs;
- Permanent employment contract: 40 hours full time; 24 or 16 hours per week part time.
- Salary up to £95000 dependent upon experience, plus up to 20% bonus based on occupancy/patient contact rate and shift pattern worked.
- Additional benefits; private pension, private medical care cover, funded indemnity insurance, study leave entitlement, in house training and monthly lectures to support CME.
The Urgent Care Physician role will provide clinical assessment and diagnosis to patient’s requirements including minor injuries, illnesses and fractures. Such as: Aches and pains, allergic reactions, back pain, bladder problems, ear, nose and throat conditions, falls, fractures, sprains, strains and sports injuries, fever, infections and rashes, minor eye conditions, respiratory and chest complaints, stomach and bowel problems and wounds, cuts and grazes
You will be part of a team that provides long day cover, 365 days.
Some weekends shifts also required as part of your rota.
- Work in close liaison with the nursing team to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- Review Paediatric patients presenting with aches and pains, allergic reactions, bladder problems, ear, nose and throat conditions, falls, sprains, strains and sports injuries, fever, infections and rashes, minor eye conditions, respiratory and chest complaints, stomach and bowel problems and wounds, cuts and grazes
- Cannulate Paediatric Patients
- Interpret Paediatric X Rays
- Refer or admit Paediatric patients as required
For this role you will need;
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification.
- GMC registration and listed on the GP Register.
- Post graduate experience to include Accident + Emergency or Urgent Care. ( Paediatric patient experience is required for The Portland Hospital )
- Patient focused, caring and compassionate.
- Team player able to build relationships and support colleagues.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
Working in this role would be ideal for a registered GP with some Paediatric experience working in either a Paediatrics A&E or Urgent Care Centre in addition to General Practice setting.