Performance Improvement Surgical Services Manager
HCA Healthcare UK is the country's largest provider of privately funded care with 800,000 patient interactions every year.
From complex and urgent care, to primary care, outpatient and day-case treatment, we provide exceptional care across our network of facilities and key NHS partnerships in London and Manchester.
We're at the forefront of ground breaking medicine and our clinical standards are a given, but it's the individual care we to each patient give that means 99% of them recommend HCA UK. Our facilities include The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS. Our corporate support roles are based in our head office in Marylebone.
The Performance Improvement Surgical Services Manager is responsible for the successful implementation of assigned projects as defined and prioritized by Division Leadership and Director of Management Engineering.
This position plays a key role in division and facility Surgical Services Department process improvement projects by performing operational assessments and analyses, researching and identifying best practices, facilitating groups and teams, managing projects, presenting results and recommendations, and developing measurement tools, to improve HCA operating processes toward greater efficiency and effectiveness.
This role is based in our Central London head office, NW1 6JL, however the role holder will need to have regular, physical interaction across all of our central London facilities. This is a full time and permanent opportunity offering a competitive salary package dependent upon candidate experience between £90,000 - £100,000. Along with a competitive salary, the incumbent will also receive 25 days holiday, private healthcare and our company flexible benefits scheme.
Please note that applciations for this role will be accepted between 1st March 2018 to the 29th March 2018.
- Assist facility leaders to implement best practices within the Perioperative departments and identify clinical improvement and cost-savings initiatives.
- Product and vendor selection opportunities
- Analyses all aspects of Surgical Services performance for potential improvement opportunities.
- Maintains Operating Room Dashboard data.
- Designs and recommends processes, systems, procedures, and operational changes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists in the establishment of operational work measurements and staffing standards.
- Performs monitoring of throughput metrics and analysis of variances.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Industrial Engineering.
- Master’s degree preferred. Relative work experience and/or certifications may substitute.
- Previous experience of working within a similar role.
- Experience within healthcare operations required.
- Experience within Lean for Healthcare required.
- Experience within SQL required.
- Proficient in written and verbal skills.
- Division based, travel required, overnight 10% based on division geographic locations.