RMO Specialist Doctor, Day Care and Outpatients
Salary:£50,001 - £60,000
Facility:Harley Street at UCH
Day Care and Outpatients Oncology and Haematology Doctor
Working in partnership with University College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, HCA UK at University College Hospital, recently awarded ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC, is a dedicated private patient facility offering expert care for patients with cancer and blood disorders.
HCA UK is renowned for continuing investing in our facilities to make sure our patients have access to the latest treatments and technology, including our advanced radiotherapy and JACIE-accredited bone marrow transplant service. Recruiting specialist trained and compassionate employees offering a supportive team environment, making this an excellent place of work for Junior Doctor seeking to enhance their skills, knowledge and experience in advanced Haematology and Oncology Care.
We are actively seeking to recruit and experienced doctor with Oncology and Haematology experience to work in our Day Care and Outpatient facilities at HCA Healthcare Uk private patient facilities in University College Hospital and the exclusive Macmillan Cancer Centre. Working closely with highly experienced specialist Consultants, Day Care nursing team, Pharmacy and the ward inpatient team, you will play an active part in the medical care of Oncology and Haematology patients from admission through to discharge.
- This is a full time role, hours 9:00 – 17:30
- Salary £55000 - £60000 dependent upon experience
- Additional Benefits include: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, private medical healthcare insurance, contribution pension, paid indemnity insurance.
We also invest heavily every year in opportunities for our staff’s professional learning and development. Whether it’s enrolling on a leadership course, attending seminars and talks, or simply being one of the first in the UK to utilise new equipment and treatments, you can be sure that your knowledge will continue to advance alongside industry innovations.
You will be responsibility for: -
- Being present and contactable within the day care and outpatient settings at all times to examine and review patients when required/requested by the nursing staff or Consultants.
- Assist in the management of acutely unwell patients and escalate any concerns to Consultants - Initiate routine requests and treatments with the prior consent of the consultants, including blood transfusion, reviewing blood results, prescribing medication and administering fluids.
- Undertake certain medical procedures as required including bone marrow biopsies
- Assist in the admission process/transfer of patients to the inpatient ward including clerking the patient ensure completion of accurate patient records in a timely manner
- Provide urgent medical attention and urgent treatment to staff or visitors in case of accident tor sudden illness in liaison with the senior nurse on duty.
- Ensure that exemplary standards of care are maintained
- Take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Fully Registered with the
- Successful completion of MRCP or equivalent.
- Experience in Oncology and Haematology.
- Patient focused, caring and compassionate.
- Team Player able to build relationships and support colleagues.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.