Staff Nurse - Cardiac
Facility:The Harley Street Clinic
Category:Nursing & Midwifery
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The cardiac ward is made up of 15 private rooms and a 5-bedded CCU – all rooms and beds have full cardiac monitors. The patients treated on the unit are cardiac medical, intervention and surgical and thoracic medical and surgical.
The successful applicant will have access to all of HCA’s fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London’s most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
The post holder is responsible for providing all aspects of patient care through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care. The post holder will assist and is expected to supervise junior staff and be able to teach qualified and unqualified staff. To communicate effectively at all levels within the multi-disciplinary team. The post holder's primary post will be within the Adult Cardiac Departments.
We can offer rotational shift patterns to include; early, lates, nights and weekend (Part time, flexible working and bank positions are also available).
The salary range for this role is £31,630 to £35,822 per annum with an additional 9% enhancement (dependent on experience)
- To plan, assess and provide individualised care plans to patients, working within a multi-disciplinary team
- To work to and monitor standards of care to meet procedures and protocols
- To support and train junior members of the team
- To develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence based nursing care
- To supervise and orientate learners, temporary staff and staff new to the area
- NMC Registered Nurse (RN Adult)
- Intermediate Life Support needed (Advanced Life Support desirable)
- Experience of having worked with Cardiology / Cardiothoracic patients
- Knowledge of administration of IV drugs, Chest Drain management, ECG / rhythm recognition and femoral & radial sheath management
- An Assessing and Mentorship Qualification is beneficial but not essential
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate a willingness to support others. You must be a team player, showing openness and mutual respect with a professional approach to work
This advert closes on 31st October 2017