Resident Medical Officer (RMO) General Surgery
Salary:£50,001 - £60,000
Facility:The Lister Hospital
RECRUITING NOW- Resident Medical Officer (RMO) - Surgical Rota
Salaried Contract £55000-65000k
Location; Lister Hospital, Chelsea Bridge Road, London, SW1W 8RH
Full Time and Part Time Contracts available- 12 hour shifts
Part of HCA Healthcare UK, The Lister Hospital in the heart of Chelsea, awarded ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC 2017, is actively looking for an additional specialty doctor to complement their established team of junior doctors on the Surgical rota.
The 61-bedded, 4 theatre hospital has an onsite level 3 intensive care unit and provides care across a range of specialities from outpatient treatment through to complex procedures and surgery. Specialising in orthopaedics, gynaecology, dermatology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology and plastic surgery, our internationally renowned Lister Fertility Clinic continues to excel, with success rates well above the national average.
Our status in the medical community has made the hospital a career destination for expert consultants with reputations to match. We value great training and career progression opportunities, an open-door management policy and a real team spirit.
This role will work onsite in a team of General Surgical RMOs responsible for covering a range of patients groups to fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff.
An excellent learning environment to excel your knowledge with a diverse range of specialist areas.
The general surgical RMO team, cover both inpatient wards and day case stays, predominantly;
- general surgery
The role requires ideally MRCP or MRCS and experience working on General Surgery Wards.
- Full Time or Part Time contracts are available
- 12 hour shifts,
- Salary £55000 - £65000pa dependent upon experience.
Our attractive rewards packages includes; Competitive salary, paid indemnity insurance, 5 days study leave, ALS Training, study allowance, medical healthcare insurance, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review, life assurance (equivalent to two times your annual salary) travel insurance, travel season ticket loan (up to the value of £10,000) 50% off gym membership, cycle to work scheme/ personal accident cover, childcare vouchers and dental insurance
Should you wish to study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests.
- Work in close liaison with the nursing team and multi-disciplinary team to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- Participation in the primary medical care of patients admitted to ward, undertake certain medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- Provide medical cover, on instructions given by the consultants regarding patient management.
- Undertake daily walk rounds
- Update all patient records
- Review all in patients on at least a daily basis with additional reviews according to clinical need.
- Complete drug charts and liaise with the nurse in charge regarding any potential problems
- Clerking of admissions and liaising with the supervising or admitting consultant
- Take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- Primary Medical Degree, Full registration with the UK GMC, MRCP or MRCS (or equivalent) Desirable
- Acute Medicine and/or Surgical Ward experience
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Good working knowledge of IT and computer databases
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding Team Player