Surgical Resident Medical Officer (RMO) Womens Health Unit.
Salary:More than £60,000
Facility:The Portland Hospital
Resident Medical Officer (RMO) Surgery - Womens Health Unit.
The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare of women and children. Our experienced team of almost 600 leading consultants and nursing staff together with outstanding facilities mean our patients receive high quality healthcare in comfortable surroundings.
Situated in central London and part of the HCA Healthcare UK group of award-winning hospitals. From minor health ailments to complex conditions The Portland Hospital provides the very best in private healthcare spanning three service sectors:
- Women’s Health Services
- Maternity Services
- Children’s Services
Women’s health issues are treated by a team of 40 specialist consultants, supported by nurses, physiotherapists, Specialist RMOs Middle Grade Doctors and counsellors.
We have an exciting opportunity for an SPR Doctor seeking to advance their medical career in private healthcare to work alongside top teaching specialist Consultants treating patients from the UK and overseas on our Surgical Womens Health Unit.
Working in a team of Specialist Middle Grade Doctors as an RMO you will be actively involved in the medical care needs of a range of surgical female patients. Working in collaboration with the nursing specialists you will provide medical cover, as instructed by the named Consultants regarding patient’s management from admission through to discharge.
The role requires SPR level experience and MRCP/MRCS and experience working on Surgery Wards ideally with specialist Women’s Health conditions knowledge preferred.
Salary £55000-£65000 per annum dependent upon experience.
Our attractive rewards packages includes; Competitive salary, paid indemnity insurance, 7 days study leave, study allowance, monthly CPD training sessions, medical healthcare insurance, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review, life assurance (equivalent to two times your annual salary) travel insurance, travel season ticket loan (of up to the value of £10,000) 50% off gym membership, cycle to work scheme/ personal accident cover, childcare vouchers and dental insurance
Should you wish to study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests.
- Work in close liaison with the nursing team and multi-disciplinary team to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- Participation in the primary medical care of patients admitted to ward.
- Provide medical cover, on instructions given by the consultants regarding patients management.
- Undertake daily walk rounds
- Update all patient records
- Review all in patients on at least a daily basis with additional reviews according to clinical need
- Complete drug charts and liaise with the nurse in charge regarding any potential problems.
- Clerking of admissions and liaising with the supervising or admitting consultant
- Undertake certain medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- Take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- MBBS medical qualification
- Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
- Evidence of successful completion foundation training/competences and at minimum ST2 Training or equivalent.
- Post holder must hold current ALS certificate
- Good inter-personal skills with an ability to work co-operatively in a multidisciplinary setting
- Evidence of specialist training, Women’s Health advantageous.
- MRCP or MRCS desired